Every week, Really Simple Money brings you some great money-saving tips. Today we focus on simple hacks that can help you save when banking online, managing subscriptions and finding freebies!
41) Nickname your accounts. Research proves this creates an emotional connection that motivates you to save more.
42) Set up automatic transfers to savings and investment accounts after payday. Don’t give yourself time to miss the money!
43) Get a cash-back credit card to earn money as you spend.
44) Get a ‘free lunch’ on your birthday. Find businesses (like cinemas or restaurants) that give you a freebie on your birthday and remember to take advantage!
45) Take cash out while you are at the supermarket to avoid out-of-network ATMs and the additional costs that come with them.
46) Stop paying maintenance and other hidden fees for your bank account. Shop around for a free account.
47) Transfer your savings to a high-yield account. There’s no point having lots of unused money sitting in your normal savings account. Put them in an account with a higher interest rate.
48) Raid your drawers for unused gift cards. If you have any lying around, try to either use them up or regift them. Just check the expiration dates first!
49) Grab digital freebies whenever you can. If a movie is free on Google Play for a promotion or an app is free on the Apple Store for a couple of weeks, be sure to take it. Even if you aren’t planning to use it right now, it will be free for you in the future!
50) Cancel subscriptions to services you don’t use anymore. If you aren’t watching Netflix much or you don’t need that food box delivery anymore, stop renewing them.